Spices / Aromatics
- Smokey Paprika, Garlic, Salt (or Vegeta) - (Tablespoon or so - feel free to fiddle)
- Chickpeas (1 Can - washed)
The Rest (Main Ingredients)
- Fish or Chicken Stock (1 litre), Can of chopped Tomatoes. Chopped white fish (snapper, whiting, kingfish, etc)
- Shed load of herbs chopped up and dropped on top. You can add toasted sliced nuts for those who love crunch (I quite like salty roasted almonds).
1. Fry Spices and when you can smell them add chickpeas. And 1/2 cup of water to remove spices from the pan and let the chickpeas absorb the flavour.
2. When most of the water is gone remove 2/3 of the chickpeas and leave the rest. Add the stock and the can of tomatoes and let it cook for 30 mins (light boil). Then blitz whats in the pan.
3. Add the chickpeas and fish (chopped into bit you like - I like about 1.5inches) and add them to the pot. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 10 mins.
4. Drop in bowls and add any chopped herbs and/or roasted nuts. If you want colour and funk you can spalsh some plain yoghurt on top.